For July 4th this year, we spent the afternoon and evening with Jamie's brother Chris and his family. We started our morning by picking blueberries, watering trees, and eating muffins. While picking blueberries, I heard this huge sound like a gun shot, followed by another. Then it sounded like someone was banging on a barrel at the shed. Well, apparently our neighbor's tree fell on the power line and that was the big noise I heard, so we had no power. I had zucchini bread in the oven when the power went off so we just had to hope it would cook a little more while we left it in the oven. We hoped that the power would come on before we left, but it did not. So, off we headed to Lake Greenwood. ( I did get an email about 5 minutes after we left saying that power was restored. I guess we should have been more patient.)
We got to the lake about 2:00pm and the kids immediately were in the water. They had so much fun hanging out with their cousins. Buster enjoyed the day too--until the fireworks.
Marley and Laura Lynn are best buddies. They are very close in age and they love playing together. They were taking mud baths at the edge of the water.
We ate and ate and ate some more. There were hot dogs, hamburgers, pimento cheese, sausages, chicken wings, watermelon, bratt wurst, zucchini bread, zucchini and blueberry muffins, and ice cream.
Cal and Katie were determined to catch a fish--but no luck.
Ginny and Maddie had a good time together in the water.
The night ended with fireworks over the lake and a quiet ride home with all of the children asleep within about 5 minutes. It was a great day that will always be remembered.
No comments:
Post a Comment