Last Friday
night we had Mother/Son Bowling for the elementary school sponsored by the PTO. Eli had a good time with his friends and I think he enjoyed bowling with me too. ; )
This week we celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday at preschool and at Eli and Katie's school. Katie had Wacky day on Wednesday.
At the preschool we each had to decorate our door. We chose a Dr. Seuss book and went from there. My class is going to the circus next week, so I thought it appropriate to do the book "If I Ran the Circus". I took pictures of each of the kids and then made them look like they were doing circus acts all over the door. They colored the train cars, balloons, and characters that I drew. It was a lot of fun and the best part was when they came in the first morning it was all on the door. They couldn't quit pointing to themselves and talking about it. Since it was a contest, there were judges. They came around Friday morning and before my students went home, we were told that our door had won 1st place! My assistants and I each got a gift card to a local restaurant. It was very exciting!
Ginny and her classmates enjoyed green eggs, ham, and a biscuit.
Today was Dr. Seuss's real birthday, so we started our morning with green eggs and ham. Logan had spent the night so she enjoyed them too. Ginny had tried them yesterday, so she didn't care to eat them this morning. She was happy just eating cereal.
1 comment:
Good job on getting your blog caught up! (I'm SO behind!)Your kids are so adorable! Wish we lived closer to each other so we could see each other sometime! Love ya!
Post a Comment