Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pre-School Christmas Program

We had our annual Christmas program at the preschool on the 15th of December. Katie and all of the dancers first did their Christmas dance routines. After the dancers were done, then all of the children, Toddler 2 to the four year old class, came out and did some singing.

Katie was chosen this year to be Mary in the live Nativity scene. She did a great job coming out with Joseph and singing with all of the other songs.

Ginny and her little cousin/friend, Riggs were able to sing a song with the four year old class. They sang "I Am a Child of God". Since they both knew it from Primary, they got to stand with the older kids and sing. They did such a great job! I loved how they stood there and held hands with one another. It was so sweet!

We don't have a great picture of the entire nativity scene characters because during the very last song, I could tell Katie wasn't feeling well. As soon as we finished singing, she came up to me and said she didn't feel well. I told her to hang in because we were almost done, but as she walked back to her spot, I had a fear that she was about to get sick. So, I got her and we rushed to the bathroom. I started taking her costume off--headpiece, robe, and then we even took her sweater off because she still looked so pale. At that point I realized that she had gotten too hot. She still had her tights on under her pants from her dance routine. She had too many layers on. Once we got some of those unnecessary layers off, she felt much better. They were trying to take pictures, but I knew she wasn't going to want to put the costume back on, so we were out of luck for pictures. Luckily I got some while they were singing. They aren't the best because I was leading the song and trying to take pictures.
Of course, at the end of the singing, Santa Claus came to visit. I was so proud of Ginny for getting her picture taken with Santa. Last year she wouldn't get near him, but this year she enjoyed him. This Santa is our sweet neighbor down the road. I think by far, he is the sweetest Santa we know and the most real looking since he already has the beard.

No comments: