Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jammin'

We have had fun lately just hanging out with so many snow days and holidays. The kids like to "jam" and dance.


Eli has so much fun with his paper jamz guitar. The girls usually grab the drum and join with him. Needless to say, the laundry doesn't always get done immediately out of the dryer, but I am enjoying my time with my children. They grow up way too fast!!

This is the year that Eli will be baptized into our church. I decided that I wanted him to read The Book of Mormon before he is baptized. Of course, I'm not asking him to read the adult version, but I ordered him the children's version from church distribution. I also ordered a workbook that gives lessons that go along with the children's version Book of Mormon. I have enjoyed spending time with Eli this week reading from the Book of Mormon. I look forward to the next couple of months. It will be a great learning experience for both of us as we study the scriptures. I look forward to my testimony growing and his testimony to develop. I can't believe my boy will be baptized. Time has really flown by with him and he has turned into a great boy! He really has a lot of pondering thoughts. He remembers so much of what he learns. It certainly has me on my toes to make sure I teach him the right things. I love being a mom!

1 comment:

ginger said...

What an awesome idea Shannon! I was trying to think of something too to get Spencer prepared for baptism and I love the BOM workbook idea!! I'll give you a call to see where you got it from...

Talk to you soon!

*Ginger