Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Pulling up and Pull Ups

Well, I did end up making strawberry jam on Saturday and it turned out wonderful! I didn't know if it would set up because my pot ended up being too small and it boiled over. Fortunately I had a cookie sheet on the stovetop so it caught all of the sticky mess. I had a couple of jars that didn't seal, but that's okay because they went straight into the refrigerator to eat now. I had to have a p-nut butter and jelly sandwich Sunday just to try it out.

Sunday was a pretty busy day. Our day started out at Wyatt's baptism at 8am. It was a really special time to have my parents' first grandchild baptized. Our family is definately getting older. Eli was excited to have "Wyatt baptize". He talked about it up until the day and since then. He even prays about Wyatt being baptized. At least he's not praying for Wyatt to hit the ball anymore. I got a cute picture of Eli and Wyatt before it began so that they can remember the day. I played the piano for it. Immediately after the baptism, we had our church services. The seminary students spoke and I accompanied them on the piano with two songs. Fortunately Mama and Daddy were able to be there and sit with my kids so that I could stay on the stand and play the piano. After church, we headed home and the kids napped for a while. This gave me a chance to practice the piano for one more performance. I attended the seminary graduation Sunday night and accompanied one of our Young Women. She sang a song called, "The Olive Tree." It was a beautiful song. It was nice to be able to enjoy hearing our youth speak and bear testimony of early morning seminary. It made me reflect on my days as a youth and attending seminary each morning. Although there were days I would have much rather slept in, I'm so glad that I went to seminary all 4 years and gained a testimony of the scriptures.

Well, my kids are growing up. Eli's been wearing pull ups for a couple of days now and so yesterday we ventured into the big boy underwear. I think we went through about 6 pair throughout the day, but at least he's running to the bathroom when he knows he's about to go or has already gone some. I haven't put any pants on him the last 2 days because it makes it easier to get that underwear down in a hurry when he makes the run for the bathroom. He decided to put his boots on today with his underwear. I thought it looked pretty cool!

Katie is growing up too. She has begun to pull up and this morning she woke up and I heard her playing in her crib. I finally went in there and she was standing in the crib. This is the first time she's pulled up in the crib. I had to take the mobil down so that she won't get into too much trouble. She's also trying to pull up on everything possible, so I'm sure we're in for some bumps and bruises. (Sorry one of the pictures is a bit blurry.)

Eli has gotten quite an imagination lately. It is fun to hear him play and have conversations with himself. He is becoming so much more vocal. Yesterday we were playing outside and he was pulling the wagon. He said that he was going to the grocery store. I asked him to get a couple of items for me and he agreed to get them. As he walked away he said, "Bye mommy!" I bid him farewell and then just as he started to walk away again, he stopped, turned around and said, "Where da money?" I had to snicker and so I just told him to put it on the debit card. He simply said, "Okay," and off he went. He returned a few minutes later to the bench I was on and said he was back. It was just too funny to have such a conversation with him. Today he and Will were playing like they were astronauts going into outerspace. I would do a countdown for them and they would then blast off and run through the house. Will had a bucket on his head for a helmet and Eli had his gamecock helmet. Cute kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice umm...boots Eli!

I love this, it's like actually having a conversatin with you. must be the only one who comments too-Holly