Last Friday night, after Jamie's parents came up for a visit, Eli went home with them for the weekend. At first, I was like, "Wow, I only have 1 child to watch for a few days." But, after a day, I began to really miss that little boy. He is such a little sweetheart. He had a big time in Barnwell, from what I understand. He played very hard with his cousins, his Nana and Paba, and his aunts and uncles. I'm so glad that we have family close enough for him to get to spend a lot of time with them all. On Sunday morning we called and talked to him and he made me cry when he said, "I wuv you, Mommy!" I sure love him and I missed him tremendously while he was gone. Sunday evening Jamie went on down to Barnwell and stayed the night to do some painting on Monday. He said when he came through the door, Eli asked for his mommy and then said, "Bye, Nana." Jamie said he and Eli slept together that night and that Eli didn't want his daddy out of his sight the next morning. As Jamie would go on the porch to paint, Eli would pop his head out the door every now and again as if checking to make sure Jamie hadn't left him. I was so happy when I saw them drive up Monday night. Of course, Eli played it cool and wouldn't run to me. It was only after I begged him did he finally give me that big hug I needed. He's too cool to appear to need to his mommy. : )
We've had a great week so far. Eli started a new expression on Tuessday. I told him he needed to do something and he simply said, "No way." We've had many conversations throughout the week about how that's not acceptable. Of course, when I lecture him he usually calls me "honey" so that I can't stay mad too long.
I've been tutoring this week. I really am enjoying what I'm doing. It's a PACT Blitz program to get the students ready for the standardized test, PACT. I'm only in the classroom a few hours a week, but I get to have a small group of about 5 or 6 kids at a time. If they act up, the teacher pulls them aside and has them to call their parents right then. He's a great teacher to work with. It's kind of funny, but once you're out of the classroom for a short while, you forget what kind of attitude problems 4th graders can have, but I'm getting back into the swing of it.
We're looking forward to a great weekend. We are going to an Easter Egg hunt and a birthday party on Saturday. They should both be lots of fun. The birthday party is a farm theme, and that's all Eli talks about these days. He loves his books about barns and farms. He loves farm animals and the "Little People" videos. he has one about the farm and loves to watch it over and over and over and.....
That Katie is growing like a weed. She played on the floor for a good hour this afternoon. She would just look up at me and smile and keep on playing. I can see her crawling soon. She can hold her head up so high and keep it up for a while. Someone saw us in the grocery store yesterday and commented on how alert she was a for a six month old.
Finally, I have to explain the picture I included. Eli got a huge sucker from his Grandma the other day. I had to keep putting him off on eating the thing, but finally Tuesday afternoon, I couldn't deny him anymore. I opened it up for him and he seriously ate on it for over 2 hours.
Finally about 3:45 that afternoon I was feeding Katie and I looked over on the couch and this is what I saw--Eli fast asleep with that sucker still in his hands. It was a Blow Pop and he had gotten down to the gum part. So, I had to pry some gum out of his mouth because I was afraid he was going to choke on it. I finally got it out of his mouth, his hands and face wiped, and layed him down in his bed. When he woke up the first thing he asked for was his sucker. Go figure!
No comments:
Post a Comment