Saturday, April 22, 2006

I wanna be a Cowboy

Grandma and Papa brought Eli back some cowboy boots from their trip to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon.   Posted by Picasa   Posted by Picasa So, Friday, Eli decided that he would wear them. Of course, he had on shorts and a t-shirt, but that didn't stop him. I decided I would let him wear them out of the house, only because he was going to Grandma's while I worked out. I don't know that I could have allowed him to wear them in public. I mean, shorts and boots, I don't think so. : )
Friday night Wyatt had a baseball game, so we decided to go and watch him play. Eli loves talking about Wyatt hitting the ball so much that I thought he might enjoy the game.  Posted by Picasa We went to the playground when we got there so that Eli could have a little fun. He was a little intimidated by all of the kids on the equipment. Eventually Hannah got there and he played a little bit more. We then walked over to the field where Wyatt's team, The Beef O'Brady Biscuits, was playing.   Posted by Picasa Wyatt is the one in the yellow #10 uniform on first base. He had some really good hits and got some boys out when he was playing first base, but unfortunately the Biscuits lost the game. I'm sure they'll do better next time. We all had a good time while we were there.   Posted by PicasaGrandma had fixed a nice picnic supper including Pnut butter and Jelly sandwiches, homemade chicken salad sandwiches, and pimento cheese sandwiches. She had cold drinks for us and pickles, strawberries, and grapes. She even brought some chocolate Texas sheet cake for dessert. It was perfect weather to be at the ball park and have a fabulous picnic. Eli sat up there on the bleachers with Aunt Jennifer and watched the game very intently. He would clap at the appropriate times. The funniest part was that there is a kid on Wyatt's team named Eli. So when everyone would shout, "Go Eli! Good Job Eli!" our Eli just beamed and clapped for himself.
  Posted by Picasa Katie made me laugh today. I was in the middle of folding clothes and cooking supper and so I laid her on the floor in the living room while I finished putting supper together. I looked and she had rolled all the way across the floor and was on my pile of clothes that I had laid there to fold. She was just grinning at me when I went over to fold the clothes. She laid there and I would roll her over enough to get another piece of clothes from under her until they were all folded. She's a fun girl now that she's moving around so much. I do have to be careful, however because I never know where she's going to end up. It's never near the spot she started at.

No comments: