Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ginny turns "3"

Ginny turned 3 years old today. When Katie turned 3, we started a tradition with the girls. On their 3rd birthday, they get to make their very own bear at Build-A-Bear. It is a trip that they go on with just mommy. We go and have lunch at the Food Court in the mall, make a bear, and then ride on the carousel.
So, Ginny and I headed out today for our birthday date. She chose a pink bear to make.
She was very happy to have it stuffed. She wouldn't push the stuffing foot pedal because she was acting shy, so I did it for her.
She washed it and brushed it.
She picked her out some clothes--pink panties, a birthday t-shirt, and a denim skirt.
She named her "Sweetie."
We then headed back to the food court to ride the carousel. The first time around, she rode a horse. While we were riding, I remembered that I still had a token in my wallet from 2 years ago. So, she got to ride again. The second time she rode the Gamecock. "Go Cocks!" (I guess it helped because Carolina just beat Clemson 29-7.)
She had to ride the ice cream truck too.
When we got home, we had Cream of Wheat and fried chicken. She picked out her own menu. She also asked for a brownie cake like Laura Lynn had. We went over to my parents to eat it since the Carolina/Clemson game was on by then.

I think she enjoyed her birthday. I know that I enjoyed spending time with her. She's a sweet little girl.

No comments: