Saturday, November 27, 2010

Eli's field trip to the zoo

I had the opportunity to go on a field trip to the zoo with Eli's class in the middle of November. It was a beautiful day for our trip. I had Eli and 2 of his classmates in my group. We enjoyed going around and seeing all of the animals and then meeting up for lunch with all of the first graders. When I taught school, I went on many field trips, but as a parent, I've never had the opportunity. I hope to go on many more.
The lion was carrying around this pumpkin as if it were his chew toy.
Eli loved the giraffe. He said he wanted to kiss him because he had such smoochy lips.


We were able to see the new kangaroo exhibit.
We went in the reptile house. I haven't gone in there in years. It was amazing at all of the snakes--don't mind seeing them in glass enclosures--but sure wouldn't want to see them in the wild.

No comments: