About 2 years into my marriage, my husband started talking about his favorite Christmas movie. I asked him was it Rudolph or Frosty? He said, "No, it's Nestor the long eared Christmas Donkey." I immediately thought he was joking. Anyone who knows my husband knows how much he jokes and makes up stuff. So, since I had never heard of this Nestor, I just knew he had made it up. He kept insisting for weeks that it was true and that he didn't make it up. So, finally I decided to research it myself. Sure, enough, there is a Nestor. I found it on Amazon.com and had to order it. It wasn't too many days later that I had the video in my hand.
So, the first Monday in December of that year, we held our Family Home Evening. I surprised Jamie with the following movie:
Boy, was he ever surprised that I had found it and bought it for our family. It is now a tradition in our family to sit and watch "Nestor, the long eared Christmas donkey" during the month of December.
If you're not familiar with the video, Nestor is the donkey that carried Mary into Bethlehem. His long ears were able to protect her during a sand storm so that they could make it to Bethlehem in time. It's a very sweet story, but I do recommend having some tissue handy when you watch it.
Thanks, Jamie, for introducing our children to such a sweet story and making it a tradition for us each December.

3 comments:
I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!! I so need to ge that for Maddie and Taylor!! Where did you find it???
I googled it and found it on Amazon.com. Good luck!
This sounds like a very good movie. Netflix had it, so we'll have it to watch this weekend.
Thank you!!
Post a Comment