Sunday, October 08, 2006

Time Out

Yesterday I was able to go to Time Out for Women that was sponsored by Deseret Book. It was AWESOME! I am so grateful to have been able to go. My cup was definately filled spiritually. It was so nice to be able to go somewhere and be surrounded by 1,900 women who all have the same beliefs as you do. We were all there to be spiritually lifted up and I believe everyone went away a better person than when we arrived. Mary Ellen Edmunds was the host. Sheri Dew, S. Michael Wilcox, Merrilee Boyack, and Camille Fronk Olson were the speakers. Michael McLean and his son, Jeff McLean were the musicians there. I can only say that Michael McLean is very in tune with the spirit because he started to sing a song but stopped and said that he felt that he needed to sing another song for someone in the audience. I'm sure a lot of women felt it was for them, but I can definately say that it was for me too. It was a song about being a mom and how sometimes we have bad days too and we need to have a lullaby sung to us. It was a very touching song and it was what I needed to hear. The speakers were great! I was very grateful for Sister Boyack speaking about talking to your children. She gave great advice that I can use in raising my own children. I can't wait until the next Time Out comes to Columbia so that I can attend again. I had a great time--if you can't tell.
Well, other than Time Out not too much happened this week. Daddy had knee surgery so we've visited a lot with him through the week. He's doing great with his therapy. He'll be up and moving without his walker soon.
Since I haven't taken any pictures this week, I decided to put the rest of Katie's photo shoot up for all to see. Hope all has a great week!

No comments: