Saturday, October 14, 2006

Gangsta' Girl

Doesn't Katie look like a little gangster? She found my headband and decided she had to wear it around the house. She's so funny! We have had a great week! Daddy finally made it home yesterday from the rehab center for his knee. He can now do physical therapy at home. I'm sure he's happy to be out of a hospital and back at home. This past week we visited him several times at the hospital. We took Miss Willie and Grandma Fannie with us when we went. They were good helps to have with the kids.
On Friday, there was no school and Jamie had the day off, so we headed to Barnwell. I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures. We stopped on the way there and let Eli pick some cotton. I love driving down to Barnwell this time of year and seeing the white fields of cotton. It is so pretty. Jamie got the seeds out of the piece we picked and we're going to plant a little next year so we can see it grow from beginning to end. It feels so soft! After we left the cotton field, we stopped in Blackville, SC at Healing Springs. It's a spring that supposedly has healing powers. I can't remember the details but it has something to do with the Revolutionary War. Anyways, they have these spickets coming out of the ground and people come from all around to fill up water jugs because the water is so good. There's just something cool about drinking water straight from the earth. It's delicous water. Jamie rolled up Eli's pants and he waded into the little stream that runs beside the spring. We'll have to go again so that I can take some pictures.
We had a great time in Barnwell visiting with our family. Jamie lit a fire outside and we roasted marshmallows and of course, made S'mores. They were great!
I had leadership training for the Young Women this morning and Miss Willie came over and watched the kids while I was gone. Jamie was in and out running some errands before we had to go to work. Now Hannah is over and she and Eli are watching Arthur while Katie sits beside me eating crackers. What a nice Saturday afternoon! Hope everyone has a great week!

Oh, I forgot to explain the last picture of Katie and the bookbag. She has had this thing this week about walking around with Eli's bookbag. She will entertain herself for an hour or more just walking around with it on her back. It's cracked me up. I guess she's ready for school already. : )

No comments: