
Monday we visited the South Carolina State Fair. We had a great time. I think Eli was finally old enough to go and have fun. Last year we didn't get to go because Jamie was on crutches and I had just had Katie. So last time Eli went he wasn't quite a year old. He didn't ride anything or have a desire to ride. Yesterday he had a blast riding everything he could.

We saw the sand sculpture. It was so cool I had to take some pictures. It amazes me how talented these people are at sculpting sand. I can't even make a good sandcastle. I guess they had some sort of patriotic theme. It was very impressive!

Katie had her first cotton candy at the fair. She seemed to like it pretty good. Jamie also gave her candied apple for the first time. Luckily I had my wipes with me so that we could clean up her messy and sticky face.

We enjoyed the petting zoo. We were sad they didn't have the little bull that they had the last 2 years that Jamie and I went together, but they did have a cool looking camel.

We ran into Bill, Jennifer, and the kids when we first got there. Eli rode a twirling ride with them. Wyatt had that ride twirling from the time it started until the man got them out. It was hilarious to watch them go round and round and to see them all smiling. Wyatt also took Eli through the glass house.

Eli liked riding with the little girls. I went to put him in the boats and he chose to ride right up front with a pretty little girl. He could have had a boat all to himself, but he's already thinking about women. : )

We sure enjoyed the great fair food! There is just something about a corn dog from the fair and french fries drenched in vinegar. They just don't make them as good anywhere else. Our last treat as we were leaving was to have ice cream. Eli, Katie, and I had ice cream cones. Jamie was a little different and had a frozen banana dipped in chocolate and peanuts. It was pretty good too. We sat by the car until the kids finihsed their cones. Katie was very angry at me because right before she was finished I threw hers away.

Fortunately I had a pacifier in the car and she was asleep before we were even out of the parking lot! It sure was a great way to spend the day together as a family!
No comments:
Post a Comment