So, after talking to many people and weighing all options, my dad came out on the porch and reassured me that if I wanted to go, they would support me and that everything would be okay. So, I said, "Let's go!" I hurried over to my house, packed up my clothes and the baby's clothes, fed the baby, and headed to Sara's. Laura Lynn, Sara, and I left her house around 3:15pm that afternoon. As soon as we got on I-20, the snow started. It was really an okay ride until past Augusta. From Augusta to Atlanta, we had to drive extra slow 45-50 mph and it took a long time, but we made it there. We had to stop outside of Atlanta for me to feed the baby but other than that we just headed straight there. Sara did a great job driving in the snow. We arrived at the hotel at 8:45pm. We should have been there by 7pm, but with our slow, cautious driving, it took us a little longer. We saw several cars that had run off the road, but nothing too extremely bad.
We had missed all of the activities that night, but then again the VP of sales for the company that was coming, was en route and missed everything that night also. We were able to have a great training on Saturday and the snow was cleared up by the time we left to come home around 3pm that afternoon. The drive home went very smoothly and we made it home a little after 7pm.
Now, while I was on my way to Atlanta it was snowing here at home too. I had Jamie take some pictures that night when he got home and the next morning before he went to work. It was beautiful. There was about 5 inches here at the house. My mom and dad took the kids out in it Friday and Saturday and they had a great time. When I get some of Mama's pictures of the kids, I'll have to post them.
I hated that I missed the snow with my kids, but I really had a great time in Atlanta and learned so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment