Saturday, February 06, 2010

I'm officially published

So, I read someone's blog back in December and they were talking about publishing their blog as a book. I went to the sight they were talking about (Blurb.com) and I started working on publishing my blog. I downloaded a program called "Booksmart" to my computer and then uploaded entries from my blog into the program. I then went to creating each page in the book. I started with just the first year I blogged--2006. When I had all of those entries into the format I liked, I uploaded it to Blurb.com and they printed into a book. I ordered a softback copy of my blog and received it in the mail this week. I am so excited to have it here.

Now, I am working on the next couple of years because my goald is to be all caught up and have 4 volumes of my blog on my shelf by December (2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009). If I get this done, I can have 2010 on my shelf my next February. I am so excited! Now I can justify sitting at the computer blogging because I know how to make it into a book.


6 comments:

Susana said...

I know you are loving this! I am using bloggertobook.com right now, but not liking it so much.

Obviously you are loving Blurb. My question is, how big is your finished book and how big are pictures I see on the pages above?

Sorry for all the questions. I have looked at Blurb several times and considered it. If I know these answers I will probably switch.

Rebekah Del Priore said...

That is the only reason I blog. It's to make it into a book. My Sister in laws told me about it a few years ago. But no one is doing it yet. So I am glade to see you've started yours. I'll need to come over and take a look at it and ask you a ton of questions.:)

TotallyContent said...

Oh I LOVE it!! It looks GREAT!!

I want to turn my blog into books SO bad but just haven't taken the time..... I want to also make them to give to my parents and in-laws for Christmas.

Matt & Darla said...

I'm wanting to do the same thing with my blog, too! I've recorded so much of our adoption history, etc, and my blog has become sort of like a journal for me of all of the 'goings on' in our lives. Was it really easy to do? Not too time consuming? And do you mind if I ask you how much it cost you to do that book? I'm really excited to get ours on paper soon, too!! Yours looks really cute! :)

Matt & Darla said...

Thanks for sharing with us!! :)

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

That is neat - I've heard of people doing that, but never really wanted to (knowing I sometimes put weird stuff on my blog!) But thinking of it as volumes of a blog to go back and read is kind of cool...makes me want to blog better if I ever do that.