I can't believe my little boy is growing up so fast. We went by the elementary school yesterday and picked up the 11 page packet to be filled out for him to enter kindergarten. While I was there, I ran into a friend of mine who is the assistant for one of the kindergarten classrooms. She invited us to come over to the classroom and take a peek. We did and had a good time talking to the teacher. She was a first year teacher my last year teaching and she had Wyatt in her class. She later on had Hannah and Will for kindergarten. I would love for her to be Eli's teacher. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
It just seems like yesterday that Eli was born and now within the next 7 or so months, he'll be starting Kindergarten. He is very excited to go. I know that he will do wonderful, I'll just miss him. He's become a big helper to me at home. He has become a great house cleaner too. He picks up all kinds of stuff for me and does a great job cleaning his own room. He loves getting the little hand held vacuum and cleaning up Ginny and Katie's messes--and there are quite a few. He does love watching tv, but I can always get him to stop and help me.
So, here's to Eli, my big boy who will be starting kindergarten this year. He and I are going to return the paperwork this week and it will then be official!
On another note, we registered Eli for t-ball last night. Around mid-February we'll start practice and go full force until the end of May. He is looking forward to playing. The girls are looking forward to lots of time at the park during practices and games.
Ginny also has 2 more teeth that are finally breaking through. She took forever to get her first 2 teeth--they didn't come in until after her first birthday. And now that she is about 14 months old, the top 2 are peeking in. She's moving up to the toddler 1 class on Monday. She'll be the smallest in there, but 2 of her teachers were in the baby room with her until 2 weeks ago when they moved up, so she's moving up to familiar faces. She'll love it!
Katie got her stitches out on Thursday. She doesn't want anyone to see her fingers--she's afraid they'll split apart again. She still doesn't want to touch any knives. (Thank goodness!)
As for me and Jamie, we've been working on our food storage. Jamie's gotten lots of grits and cornmeal and wheat canned and I have found lots of places to store boxes of #10 cans. I'm also trying to learn how to use some of these beans we have. I don't want to be stuck with things I can't cook or don't like to eat. Jamie cooked some pinto beans last week that were heavenly. He used Paula Dean's spices--it's a 4-1-1 combination of garlic powder, salt, and pepper (I think). I loved them! I've got some pinto beans cooking right now to make chili with for supper. If it tastes good, I might have to publish the recipe for all to try. : )
3 comments:
Hey Shannon!
I don't know if you went to the website I put on my blog ... everydayfoodstorage.net, but I saw on there a week or so ago that you can substitute beans for oil in cake mix or brownie recipes. You just process the beans in the blender until it's a soupy mixture. You use white beans for yellow or white cakes, pinto for spice cakes or anything of the sort with the kinda same color, and black beans for anything chocolate. I'm not sure how good the cakes or brownies taste because I haven't tried it yet, but I thought it was interesting and a little more healthy for you too. She has some other really good ideas on her website as well on what to do with your food storage. Anyways...just thought I would share since you said you are trying to make things with beans. :) I think we might get together on Tuesday here if you want to come. Anyways...we'll just talk to you later.
hay this is aaron! Do you have a facebook??
Wow! I can't believe Eli is heading to school. How exciting! Congrats, you old lady!
So, where do I get some of that Paula Dean spices? Also, any recipes you have with beans, lemme know!
Post a Comment