Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Jamie

Jamie celebrated a birthday on Friday, September 12th. The kids and I went shopping for them to buy their daddy a present. Our conversation in the van went something like this:

Me: What do y'all want to buy daddy for his birthday?
Eli: Um, I think a grits pot because he really likes grits.
Katie: I think a toy for me to play with.
Me: Well, we don't need a grits pot and we're shopping for Daddy, not Katie.
Eli: I have an idea...I'm not lying, he needs a teddy bear because he doesn't have one to cuddle with at night.
Katie: Yeah, a teddy bear.
Me: Let's keep thinking of some ideas.
Eli: How about a really cool matchbox car.
Katie: I think a microphone and a guitar.

Well, we ended up coming out with a Gamecock hat and a Gamecock to put on his window in his car. I really tried to steer them away from the toy section.
Happy Birthday, Jamie! I hope you had a great day! We love you!

This is his fish cupcake cake I made for him. We had grilled hamburgers on homemade whole wheat buns and french fries for supper. We were thrilled that Jamie's mom, Nana, was able to come and spend the night with us.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the conversation I really like Katies theory of getting something for her daddy that she can play with too.