Saturday, August 12, 2006

Loving Children

I have such sweet loving children. Eli is always wanting to love on Katie. Of course there are those times when he gets aggravated with her and pushes her, but I like to remember the sweet moments instead. Today was one of those days that he wanted to love on her, so I let him. She didn't seem to mind. When she had enough, she let him know. She's becoming quite a little lady. She loves to play the piano. In the picture it looks like she's singing too. She loves to sing along with me and Eli and especially at church when we sing the hymns. Some people probably think she's just making noise, but I think the Lord knows she's singing for Him. This week we did lots of different things. Monday we went over to my parents where I used mama's equipment and canned 8 quarts of tomatoes. After we finished we went swimming with Jennifer and the kids to end the summer. Wyatt and Hannah started school on Tuesday. I think overall they enjoyed their first day. After they got home on Tuesday, we went swimming again with them.
Wednesday we went to Melissa Raines' mom's house and went swimming with her, Michael Savannah, Ginger, and the boys. It started raining shortly after we got in the pool, but we stayed in the water since we were wet anyway. After about an hour, we saw a flash of lightning and knew it was time to go. It was fun while it lasted! That evening, we went to Barnwell and spent the night. We had a nice day Thursday hanging out with family. Eli sure enjoyed hanging out with his cousins. He played dress up with the girls. Unfortunately they only have princess costumes. After a while Jamie had him come in the living room and tell me "I dress like girl no more!" So, I remembered today that he had a robot costume in the closet. I let him play dress up today around the house and he was a robot. I guess next time we go to Barnwell I will have to take his costume so he can play dress up too. : )
Katie has become a little climber. She enjoyed climbing up on her toys today. I have been planning her 1st birthday party. We're going to use a ladybug theme. I am working on the invitations now. I can't believe my little girl will be one in just a little over a month. This last year has really flown by. Jamie and I will celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary this month. It's hard to believe that a little over 4 years I was wondering if I would ever meet my eternal companion and then out of the blue he called. I am so grateful for my wonderful family. They are truly my greatest blessing!

2 comments:

Christy Peake said...

Now that first picture just screams, "scrapbook me!" Absolutely adorable! Happy Anniversary to you! We just never know where life will take us and just how our blessings will come - sometimes NOT how we expected! Congrats on four years and two beautiful children! You can't get much better than that!

ginger said...

we had such a great time shannon with you and the kids! eli is SO sweet with katie...you are definitely right!