Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Picking Oranges

We couldn't leave Florida without stopping and picking some oranges. I love going down to Florida in January when the oranges are ripe. I think it is so cool seeing these trees with oranges hanging from them. I love it!
So, Jamie found a place where you could pick your own oranges. It was a great place because it was very children friendly. First off, they have a huge shark hanging at the pond.

Then they have a cool alligator for you to take pictures with. They sell some great products. The fresh squeezed orange juice was delicious!
Jamie showed everyone how to pick the oranges. The kids did a really great job picking them without tearing the skin. We picked a big bag full of navel oranges.

They had a great playground for the kids to play on. It was a nice break in the day before we got back on the road.


1 comment:

Heather said...

looks fun!