Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sliding and Kittens

We had a pretty good week. Eli was able to go down to Barnwell on Monday. Jamie and Eli had to pick up something in Lexington for Jamie's parents last Monday. As they were standing in line, Jamie said he heard Eli say, "I go pee pee Daddy." He turned around and Eli had his pants around his ankles about to go right there in line. There were these construction workers in line behind them that were cracking up. Jamie quickly snatched him up and took him to the appropriate place. I'm just sorry I missed it. I think I would have laughed a little if I could have been hiding in the back watching everything take place. Jamie left Eli in Barnwell Monday afternoon and we went and picked him up on Wednesday afternoon. Katie and I went shopping on Tuesday and had a good girl's day together.
Wednesday Eli and Katie were very excited to see each other. They sure do love each other. I just hope it continues well into the teenage years.
Jamie's parents have these cute little kittens. One f them is a beautiful smoky grey color. Eli was so good about holding it. Katie enjoyed taking a peek at them as well. Thursday afternoon before we left to come back home, we went over to Aunt Missy and Uncle Charlie's house. They have a water slide that Eli loved sliding on. They got it for Olivia's birthday party on Saturday. Unfortunately they had a huge storm on Saturday during the party, so the kids had to play inside. They all had a good time as they wished Olivia a happy birthday. It's hard to believe that she's already 4 years old. Jamie and I were busy planning a wedding when she was born, which means next month we will celebrate a 4 year anniversary. My time sure does fly. Anyways, I'm glad that Eli got to play on the slide during the week while he was in Barnwell since it rained for the party. The boy has no fear. He was flipping at the top and sliding down and just having a great time. I'm glad I was able to see him slide too. It was hilarious. Katie had a good time at the party also. She just enjoyed getting on the floor and doodling around.

Sunday afternoon we went to Miss Willie Mae's 80th birthday party. She sure was surprised when she walked in the door. Afterwards we went over to my parents where we experimented with my dad's hair. Below is the after picture. I think it looks good but he said he wants to try again with Black instead of Brown. I guess that means another trip to Walmart. Darn! : )

1 comment:

VivaLasFloyds said...

Your Dad!!! HILARIOUS!!!!