We spent the fourth with my fa
mily. Aubrey smoked some chickens and we had green beans (that I had snapped and cooked myself--of course Jamie had picked them Monday morning) and other good things. The kids and I went swimming before we ate along with Brian. Unfortunately Jamie had to work, but I made sure to fix him a plate for when he made it over.Eli has been enjoying painting with watercolors. The only problem is that he uses too much water. I try to convince him to not use so much water, but he's determined to dip his brush several times for every stroke of paint he uses.
Wednesd
ay Katie had her nine month check-up. She now weighs 16 lbs. 6 1/2 oz. and is 27 1/2 inches long. She's doing well. She got 3 immunizations in her legs. She ran a slight fever the next day, but other than that, she did very well with her shots. Eli went with us and when Katie's check-up was done he told Dr. Finch, "Check-up more." So, sweet Dr. Finch checked Eli's ears, mouth, a
nd his heart so that Eli was happy. He is a great doctor!That afternoon, we went over to my parents and had a swim date with Ginger, Spencer, and Andrew. Eli and Spencer rode their "boat" around the pool. We then went down and picked corn and blueberries. I think the kids enjoyed playing with each other. I know I enjoyed hanging out with my good pal Ginger.
Friday, Jamie had the day off,
so we took off on an adventure. We ended up going to Saluda and visiting with family. We started out at Uncle JT and Aunt Ann's house. They have figs as big as baseballs. Eli ate 3 and lots of watermel
on. We drove down the road to Uncle Pete and Aunt Net's house. Eli thought he was something "driving" Uncle Pete's four wheeler. He made all kinds of driving sounds. He also enjoyed talking with the new colt. The colt wouldn't get close to the fence when adults came near, but it was funny how it came right up to the fence when Eli was there alone.After we left Uncle Pete's we drove down the road to Uncle Chris and Aunt Ronda's house. We grilled some delicious hamburgers and enjoyed spending time with them. We also had fun watching Ronda gather her ducks back to the house from the pond. I tried to get some pictures of her and the ducks walking back to the house, but it was too dark. Eli enjoyed hanging out with Uncle Chris and throwing a toy pear for Mabel the dog to catch. He looked like a true little country boy by the end of the day with a nice and dirty
little face and hands.We also made some great homemade ice cream with the peaches we got in Ridge Springs. They sure do grow some great peaches down there. Today I picked some fresh blueberries and made a peach/blueberry pie for supper. I'll have to report how it tasted next time I blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment