August brought lots of excitement for the Benson family. In the middle of August, my mom fell and broke her ankle pretty bad. She had to have surgery just a few days after she broke it and was in the hospital overnight. I went and stayed with her for the night. She was out of commission for quite a while. She had to stay upstairs in her room most of the time because it was just too hard to get up and down the stairs. She could put no wait on her foot at all. It was a good opportunity for me and my family to serve her. She has always done so much for us, so we were given an opportunity to help her. My kids would hang out with her and keep her company. I would help clean up, cook, etc. to help Daddy keep the house going.
Eli and Katie started 3rd and 1st grades. They have awesome teachers and we are having a great year! On their first day, Laura Lynn fell off of the golf cart and busted her lip pretty bad. She and I went to the children's ER where she was seen and sent home a short while later. No stitches--just told to keep it clean and keep neosporin on her busted lip and gash under her lip where she bit down very hard.
The end of the month brought mine and Jamie's 10 year anniversary. We were able to get away for a few hours and go to eat a nice dinner at Cowboy restaurant downtown. It was fun being by ourselves for a short while. It's amazing how fast the last 10 years have flown by!'
At Trinity, the girls got to ride the little train that comes each summer.
The end of the month brought mine and Jamie's 10 year anniversary. We were able to get away for a few hours and go to eat a nice dinner at Cowboy restaurant downtown. It was fun being by ourselves for a short while. It's amazing how fast the last 10 years have flown by!'
At Trinity, the girls got to ride the little train that comes each summer.
Laura Lynn got to try out Papa's wig/hat.
Grandma at the ER with her broken ankle.
Hannah turned 12 years old. She and I made her birthday cake together.
Ginny went to Abby Burns' birthday party and got to dress up. It was a Fancy Nancy party. She also enjoyed the chocolate fountain to dip her strawberries into.
Eli and Katie on their first day of school.
Eli and Mrs. Corley-3rd grade
Katie and Mrs. Sanders--1st grade
Grandma's foot with all of her staples from her surgery--pretty bad, huh?
Laura Lynn's busted lip
The girls went to a birthday party at a petting zoo.
Katie and the donkey that she LOVES!
2 comments:
First of all...your kids are so dang cute! I love all of the pictures! Second, ooowwww...I can't believe your mom's ankle. No wonder it took so long to heal. I bet she was so grateful you live next door. Miss you!
I would just like to mention that I'm about to pass you with my catching up on blog posts. I'm almost on September and you are still in August. Yes!!! :) (Come on...catch up!)...Minta
Post a Comment