Monday, March 05, 2012

Mid-Winter Break in the Mountains


Our district had a mid-winter break this year in February.  I personally enjoyed the week with the kids out of school.  Although the daycare was not closed and I worked part of the week, we were able to do some fun stuff.  Friday afternoon, we headed up to the mountains with Mama and Daddy.  Hannah was with them so the kids really had fun playing with her. On Saturday, they all went outside with Grandma and made a "house" on the ground.  They each had a room and Grandma let them bring blankets out as their beds.  They had so much fun playing outside.  They also had fun building forts on the other side of the creek.  It was a lovely day!






 On Sunday, we went to church, and they sent us all home after the first hour because of the snow that was predicted to fall.  They have a lot of members who live up in the mountain, and they didn't want them having to drive home in case of bad weather.  It didn't end of snowing until late, late Sunday night and it wasn't very much.  Monday morning we woke up to a light dusting of snow on the ground.  Jamie and I headed to Asheville to the Biltmore House and Gardens.  It was beautiful.  I hadn't been since I was in middle school and I really enjoyed the tour and seeing how neat the house was.  Because it was winter, the gardens were not in bloom, but maybe we can go back in the spring sometime when we can enjoy the flowers a little better.

 
That evening we traded off Helen for Eli.  Eli went with Bill, Jennifer, and their kids to the movie and we watched Helen.  We didn't have a play pen or anything to put her in, so we improvised with a clothes basket.  She sat there for 15 minutes or so and just chewed on her blanket.  Laura Lynn really enjoyed babysitting her.
We headed back home on Tuesday afternoon so that Jamie and I could both be back to work on Wednesday.  We left Eli in the mountains with Will, Grandma, and Papa so he could have some adventures.  They seemed to have a great time together.  It was so nice to get away for a few days and have the kids enjoy their break.

No comments: