Well, the girls have finally gone and done it! The girls (as Jamie so tenderly refers to his 10 hens) finally laid their first egg this past week. Well, really only one of them did. On Wednesday night, Jamie went out to close the coop and he came back in with one little brown egg. Katie was still up so he had to show it to her. She was so happy. Jamie has given her the job of "Hen Maiden." He has told her how important this job is. She is to check on the hens and check for eggs. Now, she has a job to do every day. On Thursday, we found 1 again, but on Friday, we found 2 eggs. Saturday and today we've found 2 more each day. It's very exciting to go out and find these little brown eggs. It will be really exciting when we are getting up to 10 a day.
Boy, we sure do love the country life!
2 comments:
What fun! I bet it's an adventure for the kids. I've always wanted to have a chicken coop! Unfortunately, I hear you have to have a pretty big yard so you don't smell them. One day!
I didn't know you had hens - cool - what are you going to do when they are producing 10 eggs a day? sell them...have breakfast every night for supper? :)
Post a Comment