Well, I am still alive if anyone is wondering. First off, I don't have a computer at home right now with internet, so checking messages and updating my blog doesn't happen often. Second, I have been sick lately. Two weeks ago, I came down with a really bad case of strep throat. Thanks to a great doctor friend, I got an antibiotic started the first day I was down. That was Sunday. By Tuesday, I still didn't feel that great, so I made a trip to the Urgent care and discovered that I also had an ear infection. He said the antibiotic I was taking was fine and it should work. He did give me another prescription for a stronger antibiotic in case in a few days I wasn't better. Late that afternoon I was feeling better. I still missed 3 days of work and went back on Thursday.
The next week, I was feeling better. I was able to work out and go about my busy schedule. Eli had his first baseball game, pictures, opening ceremonies--the works. This was this past Saturday. He and I were at the ball field from 8:20 that morning until a little after noon. When we got home, I fixed everybody lunch and fell asleep in the recliner. When I woke up, my throat hurt a little. I ignored it and just relaxed the rest of the day. We enjoyed the nice weather by playing outside for a good bit of the afternoon--after our naps. That evening, I didn't even turn the tv on, I just read.
Well, I wake up in the middle of the night and my throat, head, and ears are killing me once again. So, While Jamie took Eli and Katie to church, Ginny and I took the prescription for the stronger antibiotic that the doctor had given me to Walmart and had it filled. I imediately started taking it and it only took me two days to get over the brunt of it. I was able to only miss Sunday and then one day of work this time. I did come home today and take a nap so that I can continue to get better. Wish me luck!
Sorry for no pictures. The kids are doing great! Ginny is climbing onto everything! I look and she's on the middle of the kitchen table or on the recliner standing up and not holding onto anything as she rocks back and forth. Her favorite hiding spot is in the tub behind the shower curtain.
Katie is with her daddy right now at a USC baseball game. We'll see how long they last at the game. Jamie took Eli last night. Katie had fallen asleep and didn't know that Jamie had come home and then left with Eli. When she woke up, she ate and then started playing. Out of the blue she said, "Where's Eli?" I told her that he had gone with Daddy to a baseball game. She thought about it for a moment and said, "He forgot us!" So, tonight, Daddy did not forget her and they went for a daddy/daughter night.
Eli had his first game this past Saturday. He did really good. He had two great hits! He really has learned to nail that ball. He is on the Bats team this season. He has the same coach he's had for all of his t-ball seasons. I'll have pictures up soon of him in his cool purple Bats shirt.
Jamie is going great too. I know I never update anyone on him. He's just busy working and helping daddy with his grits business on his days off. He really has knack for sales and has made some great ideas for daddy to use when selling his grits and cornmeal. Jamie is going to be taking them to some specialty shops around the state for people to be able to buy them as gifts. Wish the grits business luck!
2 comments:
Hey, Shannon - It's great to hear how things are going with you! Glad you update still occasionally even though it's tough. My sympathies on the strep - Kelsey just had it too, and Connor's got SOMETHING going on, but I don't think it's the same. Hope you stay better!
Oh goodness, I hope that you had some good help while you were down and glad that you're on the mend now!
Post a Comment