Monday, March 23, 2009

Pets

We've kind of adopted 2 pets recently. The first is a cat that seems to hang around a good bit. The kids have named him "Buddy." We don't really feed him, but every time we drive up, Buddy comes running through the yard to see us. He paws at our door sometimes and he's very good with the kids. Katie carries him all over and he lets her.

Our second pet is one that we rescued last Wednesday. Our neighbor came over last week and said he had found a squirrel out in his yard and it was just a baby. He had been watching it and knew that it would not survive the night if left alone, so I said that I would take her. I got her and started bottle feeding her with a medicine dropper. The first night she was very lathargic, but by the next afternoon, she was running all around her little cage. She is very sweet and loves to cuddle up and sleep in my hands. We've named her, "Sammy."


3 comments:

Anita said...

Awww... so cute! I want a pet baby squirrel...

Tiffany said...

Love the squirrel!!! He's so cute! I had a friend in High school who had one for a pet. They turned a whole room into a 'cage' that he lived in. He'd jump all over the place. Cool to watch it! He's really really cute!

Shawntel said...

You're crazy! I can't believe you have a pet squirrel. How fun!