Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's Been a While

It's been a while since I've written anything. Our compute is down and it's hard to get a lot done without the internet.

We joined the YMCA the last day of January and I've been doing really good with going 3 or 4 times a week. The kids seem to like the daycare there which makes it easy to leave them while I work out. I'm building up my endurance on the elliptical trainer. Right now I'm walking about 25 minutes, biking about 10-15 minutes, and then doing the elliptical 15-20 minutes. I would like to be able to do about 45 minutes on the elliptical. We'll see how long it takes.

The kids have been doing well. Eli has been a little sick this week with a fever, but he doesn't complain too much. He's slept a lot and not had much of an appetite. He starts t-ball this week. He will be a Bat. He is looking forward to playing again.

Ginny's teething and a little moody at times. She has started rubbing her hair with her food while she eats, which means straight in the shower after supper each night. She has also started turning the tv on and sitting on the floor right in front of it. I guess she's seen Eli and Katie do it so much, it seems the right thing to do.

Katie is doing great! She still doesn't like to clean her room, which causes lots of misery. 2 weeks ago the "toy fairy" visited her room while she slept and cleaned out all the toys in her toybox and all the toys on the floor. She has yet to earn them back. They might be taken to goodwill soon if she can't earn them back. She'll never know the difference. She still likes getting her hair done and has let me curl it some lately.





4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good to get an update and Good for you to be working out!! Keep it up, it'll surprise you quickly you can build yourself up to 45 mins! Just be consistant and you'll be there bf you know it!! you rock!

Minta said...

Hey Shannon! Thanks for the update! It sounds like you have your hands full with Katie. Like mama, like daughter!

Anita said...

Okay, that picture of Ginny is a definite keeper!! And congrats on the great work at the YMCA. Us moms really don't take enough time for ourselves, so keep it up!

hshoafus said...

OM!! The kids are getting soooo big!!! Go on ahead girl and getcha work out on!! LOL!!! I love the curlers. Call me sometime I would love to chat with you!