Saturday, March 17, 2007
Life after moving
Well, we're finally getting back to normal life. I went over to my parents to download the pictures from the last few weeks. It's amazing how fast her computer and internet work compared to ours. I might have to do that everytime now that I've experienced the speed. Let's see if I can fill in the blanks of the last few weeks.
First off, right as we were getting moved in, the man down the road has his Emu get loose. He stopped one day and told me that it was behind the big shed. He said he had tried to catch him a day or two before and it got pretty hostile toward him. So he told us to watch out for it and he would try to get it again sometime. So, we just kind of watched out for it, but never saw it until this past week. Mama and Daddy found it in the woods walking the fence. Jamie took us back to see it when we got home. It was pretty cool to see this big bird walking around in the woods behind the house. As far as we know, it is still back there too. I guess it's kind of our mascot.
We've got most of the boxes unpacked. The stack of boxes dwindles down everyday. The kitchen table is clear of boxes and I even have my cute little Easter placemats set out. Jamie worked on the underpinning this week. It rained yesterday so he wasn't able to do any of it. We'll eventually get the outside together too.
The kids are growing like crazy. Everyday Katie does something funny. Her latest is taking off her shoes and "spanking" the bottom of her foot and saying, "No, no, no." She also winked at us this past week. She looked a little like Popeye, but it was adorable. Eli loves his new room and is doing real good at staying in his bed all night. If he does get in our bed, I take him right back and he stays in there the rest of the night.
Some sad times have hit our family this week. Jamie's Uncle Bill passed away on Thursday afternoon. He had been fight cancer for some time now. We were able to go up to Simpsonville, SC on Monday afternoon to visit him. I am so grateful that we were able to see him one last time and let him know how much we loved him. Eli was so sweet when we were there. As we were leaving the room, he said to Uncle Bill, "Feel better, Uncle Bill." Uncle Bill will be missed, but we know he's in a better place and he's not suffering anymore.
Now that life is getting back to normal, I hope to update more often with pictures. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Moving is a pain, isn't it...I am so glad to here you have moved in and are in the process of getting unpacked. Does it feel like home yet??? I am sure it does...
I absolutely love the Green pancakes!!! What a Great idea!!!
Post a Comment