Saturday, June 03, 2006

Just Hanging Out

Well, not much has happened this past week. We did a lot of "hanging out." We went to the park on Tuesday. I didn't take the camera, though, because I figured I had plenty of park pictures for a while.

On Wednesday morning, we went to Target to stock up on some supplies. While there I decided to get Eli a pair of swimmies instead of having him use his vest this summer. His vest seemed to like to ride up on him and he can't manuveur around in it. So, we went swimming at Grandma and Papa's Wednesday afternoon to try them out. He swam like a fish in those swimmies. He jumped in the pool and had a blast. I wish I would have had the camera, but I didn't bring it out there with us. He would jump to me, but I would let him go under and he would pop right back up and do it all over again. He loves swimming. Katie had a blast just sitting in her little pool. Her eyes started closing on her while she was sitting there, so I got out and held her and in a few minutes she was fast asleep. I laid her on a beach towel on the deck and covered her up and she slept for 30 minutes or more.

Thursday we hung out and caught up on some housework. I'm also taking some online courses to keep my teaching certificate current. I worked on those classes some while both kids took a nap at the same time. That happens rarely so I took advantage of it while I could. We also went to the University Instructors tutor appreciation party. We had a good time there that afternoon.

Friday we went swimming again. I also got Eli's little pool from last summer cleaned up and filled up with water in the backyard. When we got home from swimming Eli had to hop in it and do flips into the pool. When Jamie got home from work that night, Eli went out in his little underwear and did some more flips into the pool for Daddy. And yes, I said "underwear." Believe it or not, Eli's doing really good with his potty training. His accidents are becoming few and far between. He loves to "flush the toilet" and that makes it more rewarding for him. I can't wait until we're 100% and not having accidents at all. I don't think it will be much longer.



Speaking of hanging out, I looked out on the porch Friday afternoon, and there was a mama cat and her 3 kittens just hanging out. Last fall this same cat had about 6 kittens on our porch but I don't know what ever happened to those kittens. Now she has another litter. I don't know where they hang out all the time, because they are only on our porch every once in a while.

Saturday we went over to Grandma and Papa's and Eli rode the four wheeler. He had a blast. Katie enjoyed some cheerios with her cousin, Hannah. Good times were had by all and it was a relaxing day. We look forward to some spiritual nourishment tomorrow and then onto another week.

This last picture just sums up how Katie loves to eat now. You can't eat anything around her without her thinking she has to have a bite. While we ate supper Friday night, I had to give her a biter biscuit so that she would be happy.

1 comment:

ginger said...

oh no!!! the cats are back!!! too funny...that is such a hoochie cat! anyways...love the pictures of katie and eli! i was talking to jeff last night and he was saying how katie is the cutest little girl he's ever seen! she is adorable! i love the picture of eli on the four wheeler! he looks so grown up! our little boys are getting so big!! hope you're doing good!