
Happy belated Father's Day to all the dads! Ours started out great! Eli helped me make Father's Day brownies on Saturday night for his daddy. He woke up in a great mood Sunday morning. As he came down the hall, I told him it was Father's Day. He immediately started singing, "Happy Father's Day to you, Happy Father's Day to you, Happy Father's Day to Daddy, Happy Father's Day to you." He has the sweetest little singing voice when he really wants to sing. Of course at other times he can yell sing, but this was his sweet singing voice. We went to church and had a good remainder of the day.

Monday we went swimming at Grandma and Papa's. I'm beginning to think that Eli would be a
fish
if you let him. He loves playing with his cousins in the pool. Katie just sits in her little swimming pool and observes everyone. It amazes me how long she'll sit and wa
tch them all. Tuesday was very hot and so Eli and Wyatt decided to have some summer fun out in the backyard. They filled the pool up and used the slide to slide down into the pool. I think their little bums were sore at the end of the day
from sliding

down and hitting the ground so hard at times. We went to the Parade of Homes Tuesday afternoon. We saw some interesting homes. We noticed some trends tend to be large theater rooms with movie theater seating and huge projection screen tvs. Another trend was water features. One home even had a stream with a bridge going over it in their front yard. It was cool!

We went to the park Wednesday morning but I didn't take any pictures. Thursday we went to the zoo with Ginger, Jenny, Spencer, and Andrew.
We had a great time. It was a little hot, but fortunately the zoo has plenty of shade. I

don't have any pictures of Katie at the zoo because I was carrying her on my chest. I didn't bring the stroller in and just carried her around. I was even brave and let Eli wear underwear to the zoo. He didn't have any accidents.

I'm so proud of him and I'm so glad to not have to change his diapers anymore. Of course, I do have other accidents to clean up occassionally, but th
is week they have been few and far between.

Eli is participating in the Summer Reading program at the library this summer. If you read 15 books you get a medal. He received his medal this past weekend. He's not up to 35 books. He gets a star by his name for every 5 books he reads after the first 15. He loves to read with me. He will ask me to read a book over and over. I even found him "reading" a book the other day on his own. He was actually talking like he was reading it out loud.


We got Eli a new car seat the other day. We took the box and made a house for Eli and Katie to play in. Eli had to put it up on his bed to watch a video in his room.

The last picture is just a typical Eli expression that I thought was pretty cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment