Last week, Jamie and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. We were very lucky to get a weekend away. This was t

he first time we've gone anywhere together without children since long before Eli was born. Jamie's mom, along with his brother, sister, and their families all pitched in to watch them down in Barnwell. My parents dropped them off Friday afternoon, so that Jamie and I could get a start on our trip as soon as he got off of work. We went to Maggie Valley, NC and stayed at my parents' mountain home. It was so relaxing to sleep late and go shopping without pushing a cart around with the kids. We were able to go to the Smoky Mountain Folk Festival Saturday night at Lake Junaluska. It was about 4 1/2 to 5 hours of folk music, bluegrass music, clogging, square dancing, etc. It was very fun to listen to all of the many talented musicians and dancers. It really made Jamie and I want to start our own little fam

ily band when the kids are old enough. Jamie is convinced he is going to play the banjo and Eli has already said he will be the guitar player. I would love for them to take clogging too when they're a little older. I think they would have a blast!

I have also been sewing a little lately. I decided to try and make Katie some little dresses because they sure are easier when she's hurrying off to the potty every 5 minutes. I made one last Tuesday night. It is the little dress with a sash around the waist. It is completely lined and took a while to do. It also has a zipper in the back, which I do not know how to put in very goo

d, so before I make another dress with a zipper, I'm going to need to seek help from someone. While we were in the mountains, we visited the Walmart. Our Walmarts do not have material anymore, so I was thrilled to find material at the Walmart in the mountains. I bought some cute fabric for Katie and found another pattern for some cute little dresses that don't require as much work as the previous dress I made. They each only take about 1 yard, so for $2 a yard, how could I resist. They also don't have a zipper. I liked that pattern because I can make them with a sleeve or I can make it sleeveless and just put little shirts on underneath--so I can use them this fall/winter too. Hopefully, I'll get better as time goes on and I can make lots of fun things for her to wear.
Of course, Eli's been a little upset that I'm making Katie all of these things, so we bought him a shirt at Walmart. Jamie actually picked it out. It says, " This is what trouble looks like." It points straight to him.

And to end this long tale, Eli made me laugh the other day when I sent him upstairs with his daddy to change his clothes. (He had had an accident.) He said, "Daddy, don't spank me." Jamie looked at him and said, "Why would I spank you?" Eli said, "Because I'm your son."
6 comments:
The dresses are soooo cute!
Eli made sure he read his shirt to me. He met me at the car telling me what his shirt said.
Cute dresses! Why did your walmarts get rid of fabrics?
Walmarts around the country are supposed to be phasing out their fabrics. The one in Barnwell still has some and the lady told me it might take 2 years for them to be phased out. Columbia was just really quick in getting rid of it.
What adorable little dresses!! You did a FABULOUS job!! Isn't it fun to sew?? That is an amazing picture of the mountains!! I am glad you guys had a great time in the mountains.
keep sewing and showing off your dress!!!
Cindy
LOVE the dresses too girlie...look at you! i hope that you and jamie had a wonderful anniversary! it sounds as if you did. sometimes even 5 years seems like forever, huh?!? :)
Now you know I love your dresses! You did a great job!! Katie is a doll. We need to collaborate on some projects! Buttonholes are easier than zippers - I avoid those when possible!
Post a Comment