Saturday, August 25, 2007

Heather's Wedding





Our good friend, Heather Mayo, got married this past Thursday. We were able to go to her wedding that afternoon and then brought the kids back for the reception. Mama and I made the cake--well, Mama counseled me and helped me put the frosting on them. I cooked them and did the basket weave around each one. I think they turned out pretty good.

Heather was a beautiful bride! We wish her and Bradley lots of luck in their new future together. Eli and Katie had a blast dancing with Heather at the reception. She was a good sport. I was cutting the cake, so I don't know how many times he cut in while she and her new husband were dancing, but I did catch him once trying to cut in again, so I went and danced with him instead. Katie was furious at us when we told her we had to leave. She said, "I dance here right now."


Speaking of Katie, she's almost potty trained. I've been working with her in the afternoons, and she's doing really good. Her teachers at school have been working with her good too. I'm just glad she's showing this much of an interest. It sure will be nice come December to have her out of diapers.



2 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

Good job on the cakes...and for finally posting!

Christy Peake said...

Your cake is gorgeous!!! Hope you all are well!