Monday, March 08, 2010

Zoo trip

This past Saturday, we took advantage of the beautiful weather and headed out to the zoo. We met Jamie's mom, his sister, her two daughters, and one of their friends there. It was such a lovely day to be outside! We loved it! This was Laura Lynn's first trip to the zoo. She spent some of it in the Mobi wrap and then she got aggravated because I had her turned to face me and she wanted to see. So, I took her out and then she was carried around by her Nana, her daddy, or me near the end. She seemed to love looking at everyone going by and we got tons of compliments on her. She really is such a beautiful little girl. We are so grateful for her in our lives.
Ginny has not been to the zoo when she wasn't in a stroller, so this was fun for her. She was carried around some by her daddy or Nana, or Mimi, but she walked around a good bit of the day. She loved the animals and was very excited.
Eli and Katie loved being there and loved seeing their cousins. Eli and Olivia are such good little playmates. Olivia helped to keep Katie reigned in and close to us.
It was really hard choosing a few pictures to post since I took 132, but I have chosen 12 of my favorites that tell about our day. Of course we did the petting zoo and milked the fake cow and rode the carousel and played on the playground. But those were the same old things we've done before. Here is our story in pictures:

This is one of my favorites of the animals. The Lion just seemed so happy sitting out in the sun.

I brought the old digital camera for Eli to take some pictures, but Ginny got a hold of it when Eli wasn't looking. She loves to take pictures.

The girls at the giraffe exhibit. Don't you love Katie's little crossed legs. : ) And of course, I love Ginny's silly face.

The ostrich is always fun to look at it because it seems like they are always up close to us. But this time, it seemed to bowing down to us.

Laura Lynn loved looking at everything around her.


The smallest giraffe in the middle of the picture is the one that was born just a few days before we visited. The mother was very protective of it. It was cute when it ventured out just for a minute or two.

I thought this was an awesome picture of the way their necks look crossed.

Ginny loves her daddy.

In front of the gorillas.

Now, when we walked into the gorilla exhibit, this is the view we had. Within a few moments, he spread his legs apart and started going to the bathroom. #1 and then believe it or not, he did #2 too. Eli thought it was hilarious!

Can't you tell?

Katie was looking at the bears. This has always been Eli's favorite animal to look at. I had a closer picture, but I wanted to include Katie's sweet little face.
The kids can't wait to go back. They've already asked when they can go back again and Ginny told everyone today that the gorilla pooped. So, it looks like we'll make another trip in the next few weeks.


1 comment:

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

once the rain stops, we are SO going to the zoo again! :)
tell me you took a picture of the pooping gorilla! (just kidding - I still remember when I was about eli's age and watched the giraffe's pee on a trip to riverbanks zoo!)
that's so exciting about the baby giraffe! i didn't know they had one